I just love #rachaelraymag so much. For those of you that didn’t know, “antipasti” basically means appetizer in an Italian meal. Antipasti is also a snack. Here’s a delicious appetizer from her that’s so easy to make.
- 24 slices (4-inch diameter) genoa salami
- 26 ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnishing
- 48 fresh perlini mozzarella balls
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven; preheat to 400 degrees . Divide the salami between two 12-cup muffin pans, pressing the salami slices into the cups.
- Tear aluminum foil into pieces; lightly mold into twenty-four 1-inch balls. Push the foil balls into each muffin cup to secure the salami. Bake until the salami is crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven; let cool slightly in the pan. Discard the foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, 1/4 cup basil and the mozzarella balls.
- Place the salami cups on a platter. Fill with the vegetable mixture. Top with more chopped basil.